Listing Your Home
Choosing the right Realtor to represent you in your real estate endeavors will make all the difference in your home selling experience. A professional who is protecting your best interests will eliminate unnecessary hiccups in the process, ensure that you make a wise and financially sound investment, and guide you through each step of the moving process. Jennifer and Nicole are experienced in all of these areas. Their team holds a leading place in London’s real estate industry and will exceed your expectations, leaving you with confidence and comfort as you settle into wherever ‘home’ might be.
Take a peek at the list of duties, tasks and responsibilities that we can to do simplify your real estate business and benefit your experience when selling a home.
- Comprehensive appraisal and comparative market analysis to determine market value of home. Our analysis includes a thorough review of your property’s qualities and special features, recently sold comparables, and your active ‘competition’
- Guidance to prepare your home to show at its best including coaching on staging, de-cluttering, optimal presentation techniques, and improvement suggestions to maximize value and sale price
- Submission of your property to MLS (Multiple Listing Service) for maximum exposure to potential buyers
- Installation of a “For Sale” sign on the property – your ’24 hour advertisement’
- Scheduling, facilitation, and follow-up on all appointments with feedback and advice gathered for your review
- Negotiation with your best interests in mind, and responsibility for processing your paperwork appropriately with involved third parties
- Assistance in moving arrangements to ensure your transition is smooth and enjoyable
- Still unsure? Click HERE to take a deeper look at why YOU should hire a Realtor!
Thinking about selling privately?
Attempting to sell your home without the help of a Realtor is a growing trend that appeals to many homeowners. Upon realization of the complexities of the real estate process, however, many people reconsider and enlist the services of a Realtor. Completing a real estate transaction requires time, skill, and experience. Many homeowners determine that they are not equipped to effectively carry out this transaction on their own, and lack the confidence to ensure their best interests are protected.
Many problems can arise when consumers take on the responsibility of selling their home privately:
- Under-selling based on insufficient knowledge of market and area comparables
- Legal fees exceeding the cost of Real Estate commission for work that falls to a lawyer in the absence of a Realtor
- Missing clauses and conditions that fail to protect the Seller and/or put the Seller at a disadvantage
- Limited exposure to market and missed opportunities to appeal to potential Buyers
- Full liability resting on the Seller’s shoulders should a problem arise
- Lack of confidence and a stress-filled process due to no professional assistance
Advantages to working alongside a Realtor include:
- Access to, and analysis of comparables to ensure you’re priced competitively
- Negotiating experience – confidently navigating you through the process to ensure you don’t sell yourself short
- Unique and powerful marketing
- Positioning within the industry based on extensive network of professionals to gain exposure
- Confidence throughout the process to guarantee your best interests are protected
- Insurance to ensure you are protected and not liable should issues arise.
Historically, Jennifer and Nicole have worked alongside many sellers whose intention was to sell without the involvement of a Realtor. After explanation of our intentions and goals, and assurance that our involvement will be beneficial and worthwhile, we have successfully negotiated many agreements for satisfied clients who would otherwise have attempted to sell privately.
Jennifer and Nicole have the tools and experience to calculate your home’s worth and ensure that you will see the greatest return for your investment. From reviewing the unique details and special features of your home, to analyzing recently sold comparables, current competition, and the ‘bigger picture’ of the local real estate market, Jennifer and Nicole will make certain that you are on the right track to a successful sale.
Determining Market Value – Establishing a competitive asking price will attract positive attention and lead to maximum return. This is no small task, but Jennifer and Nicole can help guide you in this process. Inaccurate pricing can be detrimental to the successful sale of your home, and is a risk that Jennifer and Nicole will help you to avoid. You could miss out on thousands of dollars that a willing Buyer might pay if the price is set too low.
Over-pricing your home will scare off potential Buyers who believe they can’t afford your home. Developing a negative stigma is always a risk when listings linger on the market for long periods of time due to inaccurate pricing. This can lead to consumers questioning what might be wrong and what has deterred others. Over-pricing may also demonstrate that a similar home listed for less is better value, thereby effectively selling the competition. The wrong asking price can lead to detrimental results.
The Listing Agreement
This contract authorizes your Realtor to market and sell your home. It communicates your Realtors’ responsibilities and obligations to you, outlines expectations, provides information about your property, and forms the basis for drafting offers on your home. Here are some highlights of this agreement that we will review with you further:
Price – It is ultimately your decision to choose a listing price. Jennifer and Nicole will guide you in this and offer useful advice and feedback regarding how to determine this value.
Commission – There is no standard rate that Realtors must or should charge. Fees might range across the industry depending on Realtor or brokerage, and service will be reflective of such.
Description of the property – All of the details and information regarding the lot, legal description, zoning, style, and size of your home will be documented here. Special qualities or noteworthy features will also be highlighted and this information will set the foundation for presenting your home to the public.
Completion Date – This clarifies when you would like to move. 60 days is typical, though a closing can be as quick as 15 days from the time an offer is accepted, to 120 days… or longer.
How will the home be shown – All viewings and appointments should be managed and arranged by your Realtor. Jennifer and Nicole will coordinate these requests with you and ensure that special instructions are noted.
Chattels and Fixtures – Chattels refer to movable items that are sometimes included as part of the purchase of the home. This might include appliances and window treatments. Fixtures refer to items bolted, screwed, or nailed to your home such as light fixtures, and carpet. They are deemed to be part of the sale unless noted otherwise. Clarification regarding exactly what will be included in the sale of your home will be outlined in your listing agreement and reviewed with Jennifer and Nicole.